EXPLORA / EN-B
EXPLORA / EN-B
Explore the world!
Lightness & performance
We have designed the EXPLORA so it can be launched very easily in all wind conditions, either forward or backward. A little tug on the risers and a few steps, and you are in the air!
The result is a safe glider, which is comfortable to fly, versatile, with consistent performance in all conditions.
Ready for cross-country adventures
Hike & Fly pilots appreciate its light weight, low aspect ratio, and shorter lines, which makes it possible to launch from small remote mountain sites. At 3.95 kg (M), the EXPLORA is amazingly light for a XC-wing.
Made from durable SKYTEX 32 it is about 1000 grams lighter compared to conventional wings.
Intermediate,Move & Travel,Robust
The EXPLORA is an intermediate and versatile glider made to discover the world of cross country adventures
|Total weight in flight ¹||kg||50 – 70||65 – 85||80 – 100||95 – 120|
|Projected aspect ratio||3.99||3.99||3.99||3.99|
|Number of cells||51||51||51||51|
¹ Pilot with all equipment, ready for take off
|Lower surface||Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Universal|
|Upper & lower surface||Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Universal|
|Profiles and diagonals||Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Hard|
|Reinforcement of the leading edge||Porcher SR-Scrim & Hypalon|
|Lines||Edelrid – Dyneema A-7850, Liros PPSL|
|Risers||Mouka – Polyester 13 mm|
|Quick links||Péguet – Delta Inox 3,5 mm|
- Reduced weight using only high-quality high-tech fabric for minimum weight with good durability
- Reduced aspect ratio of 5.2 for maximum passive safety
- Soft leading edge reinforcements, Trilam & Hypalon
- Internal V-Bridge System (SVB) construction: internal diagonal structures for maximum weight savings and optimized load distribution
- Double 3D shaping of of leading edge for optimal shape and increased efficiency
- TETS braking system on trailing edge improves handling for carving style turns
- Leading edge openings are positioned for optimum penetration and wing pressurization.
- 3-Line design with double A risers for optimum wing loading and weight distribution across the sail
- Fully sheathed lines for increased durability
- Green colored Stabilo Line for quick and easy identification
- Color-coded lines makes pre-flight sorting safe and quick
- Optimized line diameters reduce drag while maintaining proper sail tension and line strength.
- 13 mm wide, prestretched polyster risers: for easy handling even with mittens
- Split A-risers: for easy big-ears in accelerated flight for increased safety
- Brake handles with snaps makes attachment simple and secure
- Swiveled brake line attachments ensures that brake lines don’t become twisted
- Plastic inserts in each maillons keeps the lines in place and prevents the gradual loosening of maillons
- 2-phase accelerator: first stage increases speed smoothly and easily, second stage increases speed rapidly with increased pressure.