ORBEA 2 / EN-B
ORBEA 2 / EN-B
Expand your horizons!
Versatility without sacrifice
In developing the ORBEA 2, the designer Alexander Paux, pushed the limits of creating a glider, which is as simple as possible and still has everything you need.
The ORBEA 2 invites you to discover or rediscover the joy of free flying. Where there is a path to the summit, the ORBEA 2 makes it easy to forget about climb to the top. With its modest aspect ration and short suspentage, the ORBEA 2 can be laid-out even on a narrow takeoff.
Lightness – Pleasure – Tolerance
Because it is lightweight, it inflates at the slightest hint of a breeze.
With its lightweight and small volume, simplicity of implementation, ease of flying, and comfort in flight, the ORBEA 2 increases your possibilities for launch by a factor of two or three!
Core thermals, one after another as you experience the joy of flying without limits
|Total weight in flight ¹||kg||50 – 70||65 – 85||80 – 100||95 – 120|
|Projected aspect ratio||3.81||3.81||3.81||3.81|
|Number of cells||46||46||46||46|
¹ Pilot with all equipment, ready for take off
|Upper and et bord d’attaque intrados||Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Universal|
|Profiles and diagonals||Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Hard|
|Reinforcement of the leading edge||Porcher Sport – SR-Scrim et Hypalon|
|Lines||Dyneema Edelrid 7850 & Liros PPSL|
|Risers||Mouka – Polyester pre-stretched 20 mm|
|Quick links||Péguet – Delta Inox 3,5 mm|
- Reduced aspect ratio of 4.95 for maximum passive safety
- Soft leading edge reinforcements, Trilam + Hypalon
- Internal V-Bridge System (SVB) construction: internal diagonal structures for maximum weight savings and optimized load distribution
- Double 3D shaping of of leading edge for optimal shape and increased efficiency
- TETS braking system on trailing edge improves handling for carving style turns
- Leading edge openings are positioned for optimum penetration and wing pressurization
- 4-Line design for optimum wing loading and weight distribution across the sail
- Fully sheathed lines for increased durability
- Green colored Stabilo Line for quick and easy identification
- Color-coded lines makes pre-flight sorting safe and quick
- Optimized line diameters reduce drag while maintaining proper sail tension and line strength
- Dyneema lines for a long service life
- 20 mm wide, prestretched polyster risers: for easy handling even with mittens
- Brake handles with snaps makes attachment simple and secure
- Swiveled brake line attachments ensures that brake lines don’t become twisted
- Plastic inserts in each maillons keeps the lines in place and prevents the gradual loosening of maillons
- 2-phase accelerator: first stage increases speed smoothly and easily, second stage increases speed rapidly with increased pressure