STELVIA / EN-B sport
STELVIA / EN-B Sport
L’excellence fait la différence !
Precision & Performance
Numerous flights were made to demonstrate its superior efficiency and performance in weak and strong conditions compared to higher category wings.
With an aspect ratio of 5.7 and 61 cells, the STELVIA is a sport wing which offers both stability and sensitivity. Our R&D team has created a wing that is sporty and yet accessible (certified EN-B), which targets the most demanding cross country pilots in terms of handling, performance, and precision.
Lightweight and great Handling
The feedback from the air mass through the STELVIA is well balanced and very sensitive. Our primary design objective was to create a wing which optimizes both its ability to climb in thermals and provide a high level of security for the intended pilot.
Its speed and penetration in a head-wind are astonishing. The touch of this wing is truly exceptional. Through it’s precision handling, it is a pure pleasure to fly. Weighing just 4.3kg in size M, the STELVIA is an excellent choice for Hike and Fly pilots who must hike to launch before their long-distance flights.
STELVIA, the choice of excellence.
The STELVIA is a new sport wing from Mcc Aviation. It was developed for cross country pilots looking for exceptional precision and comfort
|Total weight in flight ¹
|70 – 90
|80 – 100
|90 – 115
|Poids total en vol optimal
|73 – 85
|84 – 97
|96 – 110
|Projected aspect ratio
|Number of cells
¹ Pilot with all equipment, ready for take off
|Upper & lower surface
|Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Universal
|Profiles and diagonals
|Porcher Sport – Skytex 32 Hard
|Reinforcement of the leading edge
|Porcher Sport – SR- Scrim X15 & Rods
|High lines A, B, C & D
|Liros DC – Dyneema & Cousin Vectraline – Vectran
|Stabilo & brakes lines
|Edelrid 7850 & Liros PPSL – Dyneema
|Liros PPSL – Dyneema
|Mouka – Polyester pre-stretched 13 mm
|Péguet – Delta Inox 3,5 mm
- Reduced weight using only high-quality high-tech fabric for minimum weight with good durability (Skytex 32 Universal)
- Aspect ratio of 5.7 with a good passive safety
- Sheathed main lines are color-coded for ABCD for quick and easy identification.
Unsheathed high lines for greater weight saving
- Sharknose with rods ensures an impeccable behavior during the take-off and flight
- Internal V-Bridge System (SVB) construction: internal diagonal structures for maximum weight savings and optimized load distribution
- Double 3D shaping of leading edge for optimal shape and increased efficiency
- 3-Line design for optimum wing loading and weight distribution across the sail
- Les suspentes de stabilisateurs, de couleur verte, sont faciles à distinguer, pour plus de sécurité
- Le suspentage bas est intégralement gainé pour des raisons pratiques évidentes et chaque rangée de suspentes est clairement distinguée par une couleur différente.
Le suspentage haut est non gainé et épissuré
- Optimized line diameters reduce drag while maintaining proper sail tension and line strength
- Dyneema lines for a long service life
- 13 mm wide, prestretched polyster risers: for easy handling even with mittens
- Handles of competition with ergots for a precise piloting
- Brake handles with snaps makes attachment simple and secure
- Swiveled brake line attachments ensures that brake lines don’t become twisted.
Plastic inserts in each maillons keeps the lines in place and prevents the gradual loosening of maillons
- 2-phase accelerator: first stage increases speed smoothly and easily, second stage increases speed rapidly with increased pressure
STELVIA / EN B Sport
Lightweight sail cover
Men: Red or Sky Blue
Woman: Pink or Turquoise green
Information on the Mcc Aviation inspection workshop
|XS & S
|M & L